Monday, April 20, 2009

Seagulls

Into the Darkness

This was taken several years ago while on vacation in Australia. While walking along the beach at dusk, my brother and I saw some seagulls up ahead. I grabbed my camera and positioned it a little ahead of the group and pressed the button. Luckily, this bird flew right into the shot, my flash illuminating it and creating the shadow. Where the flash ends, the beach looks eerily dark and the bird's shadow itself looks much like the ill-fating raven. 
2006



A Fleeting Glimpse

This was also taken while in Australia, though in a different place than the other photograph. This was on the famous Bondi beach, in the morning when everything was fairly calm. 
I took this photo with a simple digital camera, nothing fancy, and just happened to catch the perfect moment. 
When looking at this picture, I feel a serene stillness come over me, as I too float freely through the air over the water. 
2006


No comments:

Post a Comment