Monday, October 4, 2010

Kari and Tim's Wedding

Kisses at Dusk

This was my first wedding to ever shoot. I was very excited about this opportunity and learned a lot during the experience. To get this shot I laid on the ground and shot up to get the beautiful dress in such detail. Overall I'm proud of how the photos turned out, and am looking forward to doing more weddings in the future!
2010




Lacing the Dress

I stayed in the bride's room to photograph the party getting ready while the photographer I work with, Mike, went to photograph the guys. I loved the detailed stitching on the dress, and wanted to photograph the bridesmaids lacing up the dress. They were having a bit of difficulty getting it tight enough, so I had plenty of time to line up the perfect shot.
2010


Details

While the bride was putting on her makeup, I decided to set up a little still life of the details of the wedding. The bridesmaids each held a single red rose, so I placed them on the wedding dress and added the bride's jewelry around them. The details of the wedding were my favorite thing to shoot!
2010




Bride and Groom Champagne Glasses

The bride and groom had special champagne glasses that were engraved with their names and date of the wedding. Red rose petals were all over the table, and I laid the glasses on their side and placed the petals inside them. This is one of my favorite shots of the wedding, and I love how the glass in the foreground is out of the focal field.
2010

1 comment:

  1. Loved Kari and Tim's Wedding a lot. I am lost at words to describe how much I adore these wedding details. At one of the destination event locations in Bali my cousin is going to have a mesmerizing family wedding. Just can’t wait for this fun family ceremony!

    ReplyDelete