Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pinhole Still Life

Coca-Cola Bottle with Flowers

I love pinhole photography. However, I haven't been able to find a darkroom that I can visit, so the traditional film option was not available. The other day when I was changing lenses on my digital camera, I thought about if it would be possible to make some sort of pinhole camera out of it. I found some cardboard from a shoebox and taped it tight to the camera, and found out that it worked fairly well! I think it needs to be tinkered with a little bit more, but I like the result overall.
2010




Juicy Couture Perfume Bottle

Another still life that I set up, this time I tried to incorporate some things that I feel associate with me. This is my favorite perfume bottle, it's beautiful with a big pink bow. I like how the pinhole made a smokey effect on it, the bottle almost disappearing into the darkness.
2010

1 comment:

  1. For our inservice today, we went to the School of AMerican Research. for part of the tour, I looked at some of their photo progams---3D; and some 3D pinhole. Crazy. Next time you are in town, you must come to class and show your 4x5 pinhole and also your new work. I have several students doing pinhole and we have "made" a few cameras. yes?

    ReplyDelete